Hope for Life

The silence here at night is deafening. Once in awhile a child screams out in pain and I am numb to it. There was a time I would have cringed at that sound, my heart would have ached for them. Not now. Now I think 'thank god that child has the strength to scream, the energy is there, they are alive.' Alive...not well, but alive. I took too much for granted, now I need hope for life. Stay strong little man...you are my hero.

Friday, December 3, 2010

We're on TV!! (Sorta)

Help Portrait BC was at the hospital. Ayzac and I are right after Elaine and Kade, at 1:43 into the video. It was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a treat for the families at BC Children's Hospital :-) I hope that things go well for you and Ayzac and that you can get home to your family for Christmas!

    Tanya Simpson

    ReplyDelete